Each character in the Elder Scrolls Online starts the game with 60 Inventory and Bank slots. The amount of useful objects is quite impressive, and pretty soon you will find out that you need more inventory space.
How to expand your inventory in TESO
Once you discover the first town, bring up your map, and mouse over the various icons and look for Marketplace (It is marked by a tilting scale on your map), where you will see the various types of merchants.
- Personal Inventory Space: Visit a bag merchant at the Marketplace where you can increase your inventory slots by 10, to a new maximum of 70, for 400 gold per increase. The next maximum of 80 Inventory slots will cost you 2 000 gold. The max number of inventory slots is 110.
- Personal Bank: You can store up to 60 items in the bank at the start. Items placed in the bank are shared between all characters on the account. The max number of bank inventory slots is 240. Bankers can be found in any larger city. You can notice their location by the map icon that resembles a small chest. Crafting materials stored in the bank don’t need to be placed in personal inventory in order to be used for crafting.
- Horse: Once you obtain a horse you can increase his capacity at a Stable in any larger city. This action additionally increases your inventory space. By upgrading your horse’s riding capacity skill you can count on 1 more inventory space every 20 hours, for 250 gold per slot. The max number of inventory slots obtained like this is 60. Fifty days and 15 000 gold later, you’ll have 60 more inventory spaces.
You can, however, speed up this process if you buy Crown Lesson: Carry Capacity from the Crown Store (the price for ten lessons that give ten additional inventory space is 1 000 crowns).
- Guild Bank: At level 10 you can create a guild. With a minimum of 10 members you can use the guild bank with 500 inventory slots. This, however, can be used only by guild members.
- Additional Trick: Storage Alts. Each alt has 60 inventory slots by default. Since the bank is account shared, you can place them near the bank and withdraw items from them.
- Mailing System: As you can’t send mail to yourself (from alt to main and vice versa), find a trustworthy active player and send him/her items as part of the saving inventory space strategy. Once the player sends you back those items, you can count on 30 days of free storage as the mail last for 30 days.
Upgrade Inventory Price Chart
|1. Bag||2. Bank||Price #1||Price #2|
|60 (Default)||60 (Default)||–||–|
|80||80||2 000||3 300|
|90||90||5 900||6 800|
|100||100||11 000||11 400|
|110||110||19 200||20 500|
|(110)||(240)||(38 500)||(768 500)|