- Search for chests in the tutorial area. There are a lot of unlocked chests where you can get lockpicks, money and gear. Barrels, crates, and urns are all instanced individually and you can find recepies, and crafting ingridients.
- If you get stuck at an NPC screen, typing /reloadui or pressing ‘ (apostrophe), or pressing the mailbox symbol on chat will clear the screen and get you out of the stuck animation.
- Keep as many lockpicks as you can on you. You can collect them from chests, drawers, boxes, or wardrobes scattered all over the world, or buy them from some NPCs. Our Lockpicking guide gives detailed instructions on how to open locked treasure chests.
- You can travel from anywhere on the map (M) to a Wayshrine you’ve visited before by clicking the Wayshrine icon on your map and paying a small fee in gold. You can travel between Wayshrines with no fee if you approach a Wayshrine and interact with it.
- Your character starts the game with 60 Inventory slots. You can upgrade your inventory up to 110 slots. How to increase inventory space guide
- All characters on the same account share the same bank storage.
- From level 15 you can swap your weapons at any time. Use ‘ Keyboard Command.
- Holding “Q” opens 8 quickslots inventory. In order to use the item from quickslot, select it and press Q. List of all Controls and Keyboard Commands
- Kills and loot stealing are not possible in ESO. Loot is phased per player. Feel free to help anyone take down a mob. and you’ll get loot as well.
- Don’t forget to collect all Skyshards on the map, since every 3 Skyshards grant you a skill point. Skyshard location Maps with detailed instructions and screenshots.
- There is no Auction House in Elder Scrolls Online! You can sell your items to vendors, offering your goods in the open chat, or join the guild and use Guild Shops.
- Mundus Stones will give you permanent buffs that are only removed by selecting another Mundus Stone.
- You can respec your skill points for a high gold cost. You don’t have to re-level your skills after you reset them. Respecing doesn’t cause you to lose any skill progress.
- You can reassign your health, magicka and stamina points at a relatively significant cost of gold.
- You can be a werewolf / vampire and be in the fighters guild at the same time.
- You can’t do dungeons with other races that are not in your alliance.
- Shalidor’s library is open as soon as you join the Mage’s Guild. Books found within this library contribute XP to your Mage Guild rank.
- Eiditic memory is unlocked later and it lets you see every little note or book you have ever collected in the game.
- Mix and match your armor, and you will boost your available stats from the start. You’ll find that light armor boosts magicka, medium armor: stamina and heavy armor HP or armor.
- ESO‘s endgame progression is tied to an alternate advancement system called veteran ranks (VR).Upon hitting level 50, the player will be granted VR1. Each VR has a new tier of gear associated with it. VR10 is currently the cap on veteran ranks.
- Healing spells that target “allies” are also self-target skills.
- While playing through the other alliance’s quests, all content is scaled to level 50.
- Bosses in public dungeons can drop great loot and respawn quickly
- Most of locked chests can be found on the coastline
- Check drawers in houses constantly. You’ll find the racial material needed to craft armor and weapons.
- Chest loot from dungeons is not personal loot, thus, beware of ninja looters. Chest loot can be even better than dungeon boss loot.
- After you get your first horse, be sure to talk to the stable master again. Once a day you can feed your horse and it will increase speed, stamina, or carry weight depending on what you choose to feed him with.
- The cheapest horse you can buy at any major city (marked with a horse icon on the mini-map), is approximately 17,500g.
- Each horse has a level cap of 50, which would make it impossible to max all three attributes.
- Each time you feed your mount (20hr cool down), you gain 1 inventory slot, if you maximize carry weight.
- Don’t buy the slowest white horse. Save up for one of the faster horses and skip the slowest ones.
- The best way to level up is doing quests, since they give the most XP.
- Finding and exploring areas are the second way for gaining a huge chunk of exp.
- The XP gain goes something like this: questing » exploration » grinding
- Explore each part of the map, and you will find many hidden quests
- In order to utilize a guild bank, the guild must have 10 members
- Once a guild has sufficient members (50 currently) and owns a resource in Cyrodiil, such as a keep, mine, farm, or lumber mill, you may open a guild store there to the general public. Anyone who visits your resource in Cyrodiil can shop there, similar to an auction house system found in many other games. However, this will be localized instead of global and based on the goods posted by that single guild
- Losing the keep does not affect the items that are in the store; it only means they can’t be purchased through the public interface
- There are 6 basic types of resources that you can loot raw from the world: cloth, ore, wood, runes, herbs and provisioning reagents (food stuffs). The cloth, ore, wood, runes and herbs will simply be around in the world for you to harvest. The provisioning reagents will be looted from barrels and crates. Comprehensive Crafting Guide.
- Under the extraction tab, you have an option to deconstruct your raw materials.
- If you craft stuff and then break it, you get additional experience. Once for crafting and then for breaking it, slowly but surely, you’ll bump your crafting levels.
- Make alts for additional storage.
- Search everything. You can skip barrels and crates if you are not a Provisioner. Trunks, nightstands, backpacks, desks, and urns have recipes, style components, style books, among other things.
- Loot everything while leveling, because everything you pick up can be used. Armor and weapons can be dismantled into crafting materials, and refining crafting materials will yield tempers and trait stones for crafting.
- Place crafting mats in your bank, then they don’t use your inventory space and can be used in crafting stations without taking them out.
- If you stuck at a crafting station use /reloadui
- There are hidden craft stations in faraway places where you can craft special gear with set bonuses. If you want to use them, you must research 2 traits for an item in order to craft a set version of that piece. Set consists of 3 pieces.
- Cooking recipes are usually found in dressers and other household containers
- The keen eye crafting skills make your gathering much easier, especially the alchemy one, since the plants blend in more with the environment than iron or wood.
- Racial Motifs Books for creating new styles of armor and weapons drop from containers like trunks in houses and also chests that aren’t locked.
- The crafting system allows you to break armor and weapons you find in order to learn the patterns for traits. The time for research is long and doubles each time you learn a new trait. First time the research period lasts 6hrs. The next time you research a trait on the same item, it will take 12hrs, then 24 etc. These times are in real time, not game time, and they continue when your character goes offline.
- If you are having trouble spotting resource nodes, downgrade your graphics settings – specifically grass and shadows and depth of field, turn them off. Makes the nodes MUCH easier to spot even at longer distance.
- Don’t forget to fill Soul Gem. They are very useful in Cyrodiil PvP battles, because they can be used to revive others.
- At level 10 travel to Cyrodil and do the starting quest and the siege equipment training, the first gives skillpoints.
- If you want to PvP pick up the kill 20 enemy players quest, if you are in an large group this will be filled fast.
- In ESO you can pick up a siege you deployed, and take it with you when you’re done sieging, so there’s no reason to leave it sitting around for the enemy alliances to burn it down. Siege takes damage simply from firing it, so the ability to pack it back up does not grant you infinite siege. There is a health bar for each siege engine, and there are repair kits you can buy to keep them alive. Other players can use your engines and repair them.
- Leaving Cyrodiil can be done from the wayshrine at the gate by selecting another zone from the locations tab. You cannot teleport from anywhere in Cyrodil, you must arrive at a keep controlled by your faction and use a Transit Shrine to get back to camp and then use the wayshrine. Or alternatively you can die and respawn there.
- In order to join Alliance War press L and open PvP menu. Select the campaigns tab and assign yourself to one. Then select it again to enter the queue for Cyrodiil.