In order to communicate with other players you have to use chat window commands. To open the chat window, press “Enter”. There are several chat options you can access by clicking the gear icon in the upper-right of the chat window. This allows you to adjust the font size, the chat channels you see, and more. Here are some common chat commands:
Communicating with Other Players
/say sends the message to players in close proximity
/party sends the message to players in your party
/zone sends the message to all players in the zone
/tell sends a private chat message to the indicated player
/guild 1 or /g1 sends the message to the first guild you’ve joined. If you join multiple guilds, you can use the numbers 2-5 to speak to your other guilds (ex. /guild 2 or /g2).
Tips & Tricks guide contains comprehensive list of things that you should know before you start playing the Elder Scrolls online.
- Search for chests in the tutorial area. There are a lot of unlocked chests where you can get lockpicks, money and gear. Barrels, crates, and urns are all instanced individually and you can find recepies, and crafting ingridients.
- If you get stuck at an NPC screen, typing /reloadui or pressing ‘ (apostrophe), or pressing the mailbox symbol on chat will clear the screen and get you out of the stuck animation.
- Keep as many lockpicks as you can on you. You can collect them from chests, drawers, boxes, or wardrobes scattered all over the world, or buy them from some NPCs. Our Lockpicking guide gives detailed instructions on how to open locked treasure chests.
- You can travel from anywhere on the map (M) to a Wayshrine you’ve visited before by clicking the Wayshrine icon on your map and paying a small fee in gold. You can travel between Wayshrines with no fee if you approach a Wayshrine and interact with it.
- Your character starts the game with 60 Inventory slots. You can upgrade your inventory up to 110 slots. How to increase inventory space guide
- All characters on the same account share the same bank storage.
- From level 15 you can swap your weapons at any time. Use ‘ Keyboard Command.
- Holding “Q” opens 8 quickslots inventory. In order to use the item from quickslot, select it and press Q. List of all Controls and Keyboard Commands
- Kills and loot stealing are not possible in ESO. Loot is phased per player. Feel free to help anyone take down a mob. and you’ll get loot as well.
- Don’t forget to collect all Skyshards on the map, since every 3 Skyshards grant you a skill point. Skyshard location Maps with detailed instructions and screenshots.
- There is no Auction House in Elder Scrolls Online! You can sell your items to vendors, offering your goods in the open chat, or join the guild and use Guild Shops.
- Mundus Stones will give you permanent buffs that are only removed by selecting another Mundus Stone.
- You can respec your skill points for a high gold cost. You don’t have to re-level your skills after you reset them. Respecing doesn’t cause you to lose any skill progress.
- You can reassign your health, magicka and stamina points at a relatively significant cost of gold.
The developers of The Elder Scrolls Online give us another peek into the world of TESO in yet another edition of ‘Ask Us Anything”. This edition has no specific focus, though there are more than a few questions concerning guilds, lockpicking, and PvP.
Continue reading to see the whole thing for yourself, and let us know what you think in the comments below. Continue reading
It’s time again for the bi-weekly Ask Us Anything article from the ESO team. This week theu continue the trend of not focusing on any one topic in particular, instead giving players answeres to a wider variety of subjects.There does seem to be a greater emphasis on combat between the three different factions than anything else, so if you’ve been hungry for more info on that subject you are definitely going to want to take a look.
Continue reading to see the full article for yourself, and let us know what you think of the dev team’s answers in the comments below. Continue reading