Tips & Tricks guide contains comprehensive list of things that you should know before you start playing the Elder Scrolls online.
- Search for chests in the tutorial area. There are a lot of unlocked chests where you can get lockpicks, money and gear. Barrels, crates, and urns are all instanced individually and you can find recepies, and crafting ingridients.
- If you get stuck at an NPC screen, typing /reloadui or pressing ‘ (apostrophe), or pressing the mailbox symbol on chat will clear the screen and get you out of the stuck animation.
- Keep as many lockpicks as you can on you. You can collect them from chests, drawers, boxes, or wardrobes scattered all over the world, or buy them from some NPCs. Our Lockpicking guide gives detailed instructions on how to open locked treasure chests.
- You can travel from anywhere on the map (M) to a Wayshrine you’ve visited before by clicking the Wayshrine icon on your map and paying a small fee in gold. You can travel between Wayshrines with no fee if you approach a Wayshrine and interact with it.
- Your character starts the game with 60 Inventory slots. You can upgrade your inventory up to 110 slots. How to increase inventory space guide
- All characters on the same account share the same bank storage.
- From level 15 you can swap your weapons at any time. Use ‘ Keyboard Command.
- Holding “Q” opens 8 quickslots inventory. In order to use the item from quickslot, select it and press Q. List of all Controls and Keyboard Commands
- Kills and loot stealing are not possible in ESO. Loot is phased per player. Feel free to help anyone take down a mob. and you’ll get loot as well.
- Don’t forget to collect all Skyshards on the map, since every 3 Skyshards grant you a skill point. Skyshard location Maps with detailed instructions and screenshots.
- There is no Auction House in Elder Scrolls Online! You can sell your items to vendors, offering your goods in the open chat, or join the guild and use Guild Shops.
- Mundus Stones will give you permanent buffs that are only removed by selecting another Mundus Stone.
- You can respec your skill points for a high gold cost. You don’t have to re-level your skills after you reset them. Respecing doesn’t cause you to lose any skill progress.
- You can reassign your health, magicka and stamina points at a relatively significant cost of gold.