Crafting nowadays is a common feature of an MMO game, but beauty of the crafting system implemented in TESO comes from the fact that it’s exactly what would you expect from an Elder Scrolls game which perfected this part of the gameplay. You’ll find materials to use in crafting professions throughout the world. In cities and other settlements, you’ll find crafting materials in barrels, crates, and other containers. Plants, minerals, mushrooms, and many other materials can be gathered in the wild. If you approach a harvestable resource, you can press “E” to gather it.
You can choose between six professions in TESO:
- Alchemy – Collect plants, experiment with Reagents to create Potions
- Blacksmithing – Collect ore, create Items using Metal Materials (Metal Weapons and Heavy Armor)
- Clothing – Collect plants and hides, create Items using Cloth and Leather Materials (Light and Medium Armor)
- Enchanting – Discover Runes and use them to create Glyphs which add enchantments to weapons, armor, and jewelry
- Provisioning – Collect Recipes and use Ingredients to create Food and Drinks
- Woodworking – Create Items using Wood Materials (bows, staffs, and shields)