Elder Scrolls Online developers showed up in full force during the recent QuakeCon 2014. They held a very important 2 hour panel (this includes a Q&A session) discussing what we can expect in the future for Elder Scrolls Online. Great many features were announced and discussed. There are a bunch of new features planned and some old systems are being reworked. Here’s a list of the most important announcements together with an image gallery of some of the things to come.
- Imperial City – new PvP zone found inside Cyrodiil that players will be able to unlock through keep ownership. You’ll be able to enter it through 3 sewer entrances that are guarded by imperials (and probably camped by PvPers). Zone contains Molag Bal’s minions and tons of quests related to them (boss mobs will be present) that reward high XP and gold rewards. You can unlock various parts of the city (Market, Arboretum, Temple District, etc.) and have special vendors, crafting stations or respawn points there.
- New Veteran Dungeon – City of Ash coming in Update 5
- Grouping system improvements that will also include Dungeon difficulty scaling (to group leader’s level) and repeatable dungeons as part of a daily quest setup for the Undaunted
- Solo Instance dungeons will also scale to you – if something is difficult and you die repeatedly they will scale to be a bit easier after several attempts
- Craglorn will get the next chapter of the story where you will fight the Serpant aspect in a new 12 man trial
- Dragonstar Arena – it will contain 4 man mini trials with leaderboards, two difficulty modes and progressively more difficult timed PvE encounters
- Veteran Gameplay is getting a complete overhaul – veteran points are being removed and Veteran Ranks are from now going to be gained through experience points. Champion system is getting introduced and this system will introduce a separate tree (called constellations) of passives. You unlock these passives by spending champion points that you earn through earning experience points in post lvl 50 game. Gear will not have Veteran Rank as requirement. New gear will come out in seasons.
- Justice System – allows you to steal items and attack NPCs. Consequence is that there is a bounty incurred on your character. You can pay the bounty or flee. Players will be able to hunt other players with high bounty so active PvP will be a consequence of the Justice system.
- Spellcrafting – new system that will allow you to create customized spells. You will have to find the base spell through exploration in the world. You can customize this spell with focus items (add AOE, make it an ultimate, reduce cost, etc.). You can
- New Armor and Weapon style – Glass armor, Dark Brotherhood style, New PvP gear, Thieves Guild style, new Undaunted styles. It was also mentioned that when you kill a boss in solo instances you might get an item that is skinned as the boss so there will be a Dwemer spider, Spider Daedra, Harvester themed armor pieces.
- New Adventure Zone Murkmire – similar to Craglorn. Four man content with 12 man trials. It will contain a new non player race called Naga.
- New Solo Pve Zone Wrothgar – in the north between High Rock and Skyrim.
There are no strict timelines for any of these updates and some of the features look like they are quite close to release, while some of the things discussed are at least a year or more away.
Here’s a screenshot gallery captured from the video of the panel:
You can watch the whole panel in the video bellow