With the release of Tamriel Unlimited, in the form of patch 2.0.1, players are able to play the game without paying the subscription. A lot has changed since ESO launched and among those changes we have seen updates to player skills and an addition of a whole new system called the Champion Point system. Champion Points are part of getting rid of the old Veteran Rank system and they can be gained by doing quests, dungeons and other activities once you reach level 50. Once you get them you can distribute them among 9 constellations, each containing 8 buffs that you unlock by investing champion points into them.
We are proud to announce that we have updated our ESO Skill Calculator with the latest patch 2.0.1 data. This added some new skills and updated others. There are, even, some old skills removed from the game. We had to do a complete overhaul in order to get the calculator updated and in line with what people are playing right now. There are still some bugs and kinks, but we’ll work on removing those in the next few days. We took the opportunity to also introduce a new tab in the calculator that lets you browse through all the Champion Point upgrades. I believe we are among the first to release such a tool for the Elder Scrolls Online community. Champion Point Skill Calculator is still in beta and there are several improvements we still intend on introducing. For now, you can browse through all the constellations and see all the available buffs. You can invest points into them to see what that does to the ammount of buffs you are getting. It can be used in planning the best champion point investment strategy for your high level characters. The ability to save your Champion Point setup along with your skill build is not implemented at this time. We hope to bring all these features that you are accustomed to with our ESO talent calculator very soon, so stay tuned.
We recently passed a milestone of 10000 builds being saved through the skill calculator. We thank you all for visiting and using the tool and we hope you’ll find the latest additions useful as well.
You can visit the updated calculator for each class bellow (or through the menu above):
Dragonknight Skill Calculator
Nightblade Skill Calculator
Sorcerer Skill Calculator
Templar Skill Calculator
Elder Scrolls Online developers showed up in full force during the recent QuakeCon 2014. They held a very important 2 hour panel (this includes a Q&A session) discussing what we can expect in the future for Elder Scrolls Online. Great many features were announced and discussed. There are a bunch of new features planned and some old systems are being reworked. Here’s a list of the most important announcements together with an image gallery of some of the things to come.
- Imperial City – new PvP zone found inside Cyrodiil that players will be able to unlock through keep ownership. You’ll be able to enter it through 3 sewer entrances that are guarded by imperials (and probably camped by PvPers). Zone contains Molag Bal’s minions and tons of quests related to them (boss mobs will be present) that reward high XP and gold rewards. You can unlock various parts of the city (Market, Arboretum, Temple District, etc.) and have special vendors, crafting stations or respawn points there.
- New Veteran Dungeon – City of Ash coming in Update 5
- Grouping system improvements that will also include Dungeon difficulty scaling (to group leader’s level) and repeatable dungeons as part of a daily quest setup for the Undaunted
- Solo Instance dungeons will also scale to you – if something is difficult and you die repeatedly they will scale to be a bit easier after several attempts
- Craglorn will get the next chapter of the story where you will fight the Serpant aspect in a new 12 man trial
- Dragonstar Arena – it will contain 4 man mini trials with leaderboards, two difficulty modes and progressively more difficult timed PvE encounters
- Veteran Gameplay is getting a complete overhaul – veteran points are being removed and Veteran Ranks are from now going to be gained through experience points. Champion system is getting introduced and this system will introduce a separate tree (called constellations) of passives. You unlock these passives by spending champion points that you earn through earning experience points in post lvl 50 game. Gear will not have Veteran Rank as requirement. New gear will come out in seasons.
- Justice System – allows you to steal items and attack NPCs. Consequence is that there is a bounty incurred on your character. You can pay the bounty or flee. Players will be able to hunt other players with high bounty so active PvP will be a consequence of the Justice system.
- Spellcrafting – new system that will allow you to create customized spells. You will have to find the base spell through exploration in the world. You can customize this spell with focus items (add AOE, make it an ultimate, reduce cost, etc.). You can
- New Armor and Weapon style – Glass armor, Dark Brotherhood style, New PvP gear, Thieves Guild style, new Undaunted styles. It was also mentioned that when you kill a boss in solo instances you might get an item that is skinned as the boss so there will be a Dwemer spider, Spider Daedra, Harvester themed armor pieces.
- New Adventure Zone Murkmire – similar to Craglorn. Four man content with 12 man trials. It will contain a new non player race called Naga.
- New Solo Pve Zone Wrothgar – in the north between High Rock and Skyrim.
Click here to see a screenshot gallery of the panel and full video